Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A treasured gift.

The knowledge God has is incredible. It is something none of us can fathom or even attempt to comprehend.  So why do we continue to try and lead as if we know more than He does? Recently, I have been trying to understand why God chooses certain people to enter our lives. What roles do people play in our lives and why has God chosen those distinct people to coexist with you or me? God puts people in our lives to challenge us, to support us and to hurt us, therefore making us stronger as human beings and as followers of Christ.

I have been blessed with people who have challenged me, shaped me and loved me and these people have become my greatest gifts in life. Tonight I was priveleged to share in conversation with a friend who told me a lot of things that were difficult to hear as he frustrated me to no end. He challenged me and forced my knowledge to expand. Although he doesnt give himself enough credit, he has shared in my pain, given me strength in hard situations and has always blatantly told me the truth, whether it is something I wanted at the time or not. He never ceases to give good advice; he would be the challenger. My mother and father have been the ones who love me unconditionally, when a lot of times I'm sure it seems impossible. Their love is one that represents Gods love for each of his children as they give me the grace and patience that is usually undeserved. My deepest and closest friend, Lili, has shaped me in more ways than one. She holds my fondest memories as she laughs at my corny jokes and has endured the incredibly awkward teenage years with me. These people, each of these people is a gift from God, people God put into my life to help me out of dark times and to share in happiness with. Our relationships are things I believe God wants us to treasure most, because after all, He does continue to pursue us minute after minute, day after day. Each person we meet transforms is and helps us to become more than just ourselves. Our relationships force us to become part of one another as we give little bits of our knowledge and personality traits to various people we meet along our journey. I have just been blessed with unique, strong, lovely people, who have helped make me more than I ever thought I could be. This gift from God will always be treasured.

No comments:

Post a Comment